Monday, May 14, 2012

Big brother is always watching

For the past three days, I have been working in the front yard.  Occasionally, I feel like I am on a stage and that I might be performing for the neighbors.  I know that on occasion some of them are watching my technique, my progress, my obsession with getting it just right.  By now they must know that I am a hard worker, that I care about my house and that I have a slight case (ok - a major case) of OCD. If they are occasionally peaking out the window to see what I am up to, I hope they weren't looking when I accidentally tipped over the wheel barrow half full of mulch, when I got myself wedged behind one of the shrubs and turned around in circles a few times before I found my way out or when I realized that my underwear were hanging out of my shorts while I was reaching through two bushes to level off some mulch.  Whether they are watching or not, I know that they mean well and that when they are out in their yard I am sure I will take a peak to see what they are doing.  I can only hope that they like what they see if they are looking...I know I do :)

Sunday morning brought 4 yards of mulch - this could take a while.
Before I started moving the mulch, I had to clean out the beds.  A few hours later and I had made some considerable progress.
Eventually, I will work on the pavers from the walkway 
I found another outdoor spigot, so I made level area to put a hose
I cleared away the weeds and used some of the soil to create a level surface for the rain barrel.  The weather report is calling for rain over the next few days, so I should have rain water for my plants in no time.
Some of the roots that I pulled from the side of the house.  Some of these roots were an inch in diameter!  This is the second barrel - the other one was just as full.
And this is what I looked like after spending Sunday in the yard.
The rain held off on Monday evening, so I decided to get some mulch in place so that I didn't lose all of the soil in the upcoming rain.
The finished product 



No comments:

Post a Comment