I am leaving the house for the first time. Yes, I went away for the weekend when I flew to Pittsburgh for the marathon, but this is a much longer stretch. I am headed out to sea for my annual whale tagging adventure and I am super excited to go, but a small part of me is having trouble with the fact that I am leaving my house/yard/neighborhood for such a long time. I know, I know - Welcome to homeownership. It is amazing how much I love this place - so much so that I find it hard to leave. Very different from apartment living when I couldn't wait to get away.
The garden is progressing nicely. I have a few blossoms (zucchini and tomatoes) so maybe I will come home to some fresh fruits and veggies after a long, fun trip (or at least the early stages of some fruits/veggies). Here are a few pictures of the garden and my 'wild kingdom' in the backyard. I have made a few more updates to the landscaping, but you will have to wait until I get back for pictures - the alarm goes off early tomorrow to start my trek to Woods Hole
P.S. Thanks for all my friends willing to stop by to water my plants - you will be rewarded with fresh produce (hopefully) over the summer.
 |
| Garden - First day |
 |
| Garden now - what a difference a few weeks can make |
 |
Zucchini blossom
|
 |
Tomato blossoms
|
 |
| There were actually some birds around, too, including a male and female cardinal. I only managed to get a photo of 1 out of the 3 squirrels and 2 out of the 3 chipmunks. My own personal version of "wild kingdom". |
I love that you are enjoying your home. You seem so happy, Cara. I love that. Have a safe trip!
ReplyDelete