Well, the early days of year #2 in the house are definitely ones to remember. Winter Storm Nemo (or Blizzard 2013) has certainly hit the New England area with high winds, lots of snow and cold temperatures. I can call myself one of the lucky ones that only lost power for a short time, so I have a nice warm place to sleep and plenty of food to keep me for a long time. The snow is amazing - drifts that are over 4 feet high. The plows were on the roads a few times last night, but I haven't seen them yet today. No worries - there is still a driving ban in place and I won't be getting the car out of the garage for quite some time. I just finished a bit of shoveling (created a small walkway to the front door and cleared some of the snow from the garage door area) and I will be back out later to start to tackle the driveway. I have a friend who has offered to bring a snowblower (or 2) by later today or tomorrow. I am in no rush to go anywhere, so I will shovel a little more and then wait for him. No need to overdo it when I have no place to be.
 |
| Best Christmas gift from my sister - I would still be trying to get my legs out of the snow. |
 |
| My path - there is a good bit of snow under those prints. I compressed the snow a good 5 or 6 inches with my snow shoes and I wasn't even near the ground. |
 |
| There is about 5 or 6 inches of snow at the lowest point at the base of the driveway (just to give you an idea of that snow drift). The driveway does slant, so it is a bit deceiving. |
 |
| There is normally a good step up to get to the railroad tie wall where I am standing. With my snowshoes on, I was actually standing at the same height as the wall. |
 |
| Could not open the door this morning. |
 |
| Another impressive snow drift. I am at the back of the house looking up towards the front yard. In previous posts, this area is covered with piles of leaves and the bushes look a lot taller. |
Ooooooo....that sure is a lot of SNOW! Would love to see it as long as I have a warm house, big picture window, and something HOT to drink.
ReplyDeleteTennessee trip when?