Thursday, April 5, 2012

Decorator's Dilemma

Recently I have been preoccupied with work, marathon training, reading The Hunger Games trilogy and complete exhaustion.  I have finished the books, so I thought I would fill the empty slot on the To-Do list with some decorating.  In March, I carried picture frames and other items upstairs to start decorating the empty walls.  As of yesterday, they were still sitting on the floor collecting dust.  Today, however, some of them found a new home.  While I have only just begun, I am finding the process to be easier than expected.  I constantly second guess my choices, but with the help and my sister's eye for decorating (and my phone for communicating with said sister), I think it is all going well.  Soon I'll be spending less time indoors - the yard it calling.  My first goal is to figure out what is actually planted in the yard & then to figure out what I am going to do with all of the bushes/shrubs.  I am hoping to introduce native plants and grasses along with a few vegetables, but it certainly is not all going to happen this year. Thank goodness I don't have any plans to leave :)

Still working on the mantle - I think it could be a revolving door of decorations.

Bought this print at a craft fair from a local artist - the colors are perfect for the room.

New mirrors for the wall.  Now I just need to figure out a window treatment that adds color, but doesn't block the natural light.

Side view of mirrors - they are repurposed wooden mixing bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment