Sunday, April 22, 2012

A little hint of green on my thumb

It has been a successful April vacation week here at the house.  I finished the week with a trip to some local nurseries to pick out some perennials and annuals to add color to the front yard.  After finding the perfect spot for each flower, I think the yard is on its way to looking beautiful all summer.  I also spent a little time taking out my frustrations on a few well-rooted plants that were growing in the bushes.  When it was all said and done, I enjoyed some of the grilled yummies that I cooked the other day.  Perfect ending to the week!  I am not looking forward to heading back to the 9-5 (or should I say 6-3), but at least I have accomplished quite a bit during my time at home.

A big thanks to Tracy for making the shopping trip with me and helping me in the garden!

Don't ask me how I got in there or how I got out - I am still not 100% sure.

A few of the shade plants - including a native columbine


Echinacea and bee balm - hoping to attract some hummingbirds


The plant on the far left is a japonica - it is a really cool color!



No comments:

Post a Comment