Saturday, May 19, 2012

You say tomato...

I say tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and lettuce.  It was another busy day at 64 Holmes Ave.  My friend Kate and I headed to the Brookwood Community Farm Plant Sale (and Pancake breakfast) to purchase some vegetable plants.  After the relaxing morning of plant retail therapy I got down to business.  I decided to go with a bucket vegetable garden this year, simply because it will make my life easier :)  I also worked on adding mulch to the other side of the house.  It does not appear as though I have made a dent in the mulch pile, so I will probably put down another layer in addition to mulching some other areas of the yard that are around the side and in the back yard.  Many of my perennials are starting to grow, but I believe that I have a rabbit or squirrel eating the flowers off of my pansies and the leaves off of one of my echinacea plants.  I am leaning more towards a rabbit because the squirrels are certainly getting enough food from the bird feeder; there is no need to travel to the front of the house for flowers.


My mini garden - complete with Lowe's advertisements :)

Bea balm, echinacea and Montauk daisy taking root....spot treatment for grass, not so much. 
Proof that my pansies did produce flowers - this is currently the only pansy with blooms.

Tore out the end of the evergreen.  I think it is all going to come out in order to make room for hosta plants.  Note the kayak racks on the car - tomorrow is a day of fun in the sun and NO yard work!

The slow-to-disapear mulch pile.  It is slowly going away.

1 comment:

  1. The yard looks great, and I love what you did the Versa.

    ReplyDelete