Saturday, October 13, 2012

Shiny and new

A few weeks ago I walked into the kitchen to find water all over the floor.  The culprit?  The older model dishwasher that came with the house.  I knew that the dishwasher had a potential leak issue on one of the settings, but my fingers were crossed that the other setting would work for a while.  After the second run of the dishwasher and the second case of water outside of the dishwasher, I started to think about replacing the old model.  I would have tried another setting, but I only had two to choose from and now they both caused a leak.  After some minor plumbing work in the basement, I am now the owner of a brand new (and shiny) Whirlpool dishwasher.  I plan on cooking a ton of food tomorrow so that I can try out the new addition as soon as possible.  There is one more change coming to Casa Toto next weekend, but I don't want to spoil that surprise, so you will have to wait.
The old model 


The moment when I started to panic because I wasn't sure the new dishwasher was going to fit!

The new model - at least it matches the microwave :)

I have a serious problem when it comes to loading a dishwasher (it comes from 17 years of not having one), so hopefully I can figure out how to fill this one properly :)

1 comment:

  1. oh I can help you with filling it...I am really good at cramming TONS in mine!!

    ReplyDelete