Monday, January 30, 2012

It's official...my home is on Holmes

What an amazing day!  I have so many things to do this evening (including grading midterms now that I have put them off until the very last minute), but I had to share my highlights of closing day.  The closing itself was over in the blink of an eye - without any fan fair from my lawyer.  I didn't even realize I had signed the last paper until he got up to leave the room in order to make copies.  All I could think of was...that's it...you aren't even going to let me know that I just officially purchased my first home?!?!  I guess when you do three or four of these each day, the significance of the process is lost.  Here are my four favorite photos of the day - certainly more to come as the week progresses.
According to my sister - I haven't smiled like this in a long time.  I am so happy!

The official hand-over of the keys.

The sellers left me a special surprise inside the house.  

And my personal favorite - leaving my notice to my landlord :)


4 comments:

  1. What was the present?? What a fabulous day, and what a neat first-time-home-buying experience. You deserve it, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops - forgot to mention - a serving platter and large serving bowl to match my new Fiesta ware :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new home. That was really nice of previous homeowners to leave you a gift! We are really happy for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete